Discover the real story of David Livingstone from a Blantyre mill worker to global celebrity. Step into his shoes and see through his eyes. Be inspired by Livingstone’s determination, ambition and drive to realise your own hopes and dreams.
Come along feel connected to David Livingstone and his remarkable story.
- Interactive displays with challenges based on adventure and survival activities.
- Showcasing of important collections presenting the varied culture and diversity of African life in the 18th century, through the eyes of a Westerner
- Displays connecting to African communities today, establishing strong networks and encouraging collaboration
- A multi-faceted and rich telling of the story of David Livingstone, presenting his character, success and failures, positive and negative opinions about him
- Colourful, dynamic and engaging installations and graphic displays, offering new perspectives on previously told stories
- Accessible displays for young children, in particular when learning about David Livingstone as a child - relatable content and interesting stories
Opening Times & Prices
Museum, Shop & Café Opening Times
Sat - Sun 12:00 - 15:00
Until Saturday 30th September 2017
The Park and Grounds are open 7 days a week
Group rates available:
please contact email@example.com