Please take a moment to support the David Livingstone Trust with a donation.
The David Livingstone Centre sits within 7 hectares of parkland and woodland on the banks of the River Clyde. The grounds contain gardens, the African Pavilions; children’s play areas, walking trails, and archaeological remains of Blantyre Works Village. The site has important designated woodland, natural habitats and wetlands. It is home to a wide range of animal species including bats, otters, badgers and heron.
Every year the parkland is used free of charge by around 27,000 visitors (from our local community, Scotland and beyond) and is maintained by:
- Volunteers – the Friends of David Livingstone
- The Work-It-Out Programme run by South Lanarkshire Council and enabling important qualifications for unemployed youths
Your donation will:
- Provide materials for use by out volunteers and Work-It-Out Programme
- Keep these wonderful parklands in good condition for the use and enjoyment of our communities
- Enable us to run family days-out