**Closing Date - 6th September 2019**
The David Livingstone Birthplace exists to create a home for sharing the bold, frank and open accounts of the pioneering life of Dr David Livingstone and his associates, encouraging all voices to be heard, celebrating determination and diversity, and inspiring a world of change.
We are progressive thinkers, caretakers of a home where inspiration grew, where conversations sparked ideas, where exploring the whole world was possible, and where open mindedness sparked progress, and adventure beckoned. We will continue to provide a platform for communities to converse, to dream, to hope and to progress. We will inspire change.
- Looking after the gardens:
Tasks depend on the season but will include:
- Ensuring that the work is carried out with public’s safety and enjoyment in mind.
Will be supplied.
- Garden tools
- Interest in working outdoors
- Enthusiasm and appreciation of plants and trees in a park setting
- Ability to work within a team and willingness to learn new skills
- Knowledge of plants is not essential but very useful!
Time and Level of CommitmentCore team
Minimum 3-5 hours per fortnight (on a Thursday) during the winter, possibly more frequent during spring and summer.Occasional Volunteers:
We are also looking for occasional volunteers who can spare some time every now and then to volunteer to undertake specific projects (usually at weekends).
Key Team Members Support
Head Gardening Volunteer
- Induction and relevant training (e.g. tools) will be provided;
- On-going support will be available.
Who would this role appeal to:
This role would appeal to anyone:
- That enjoys working outdoors
- Loves gardening
- Is knowledgeable about plants or is willing to learn
To apply and for further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also see Volunteer section.