**Closing Date - 6th September 2019**
The David Livingstone Birthplace exists to create a home for sharing the bold, frank and open accounts of the pioneering life of Dr David Livingstone and his associates, encouraging all voices to be heard, celebrating determination and diversity, and inspiring a world of change.
We are progressive thinkers, caretakers of a home where inspiration grew, where conversations sparked ideas, where exploring the whole world was possible, and where open mindedness sparked progress, and adventure beckoned. We will continue to provide a platform for communities to converse, to dream, to hope and to progress. We will inspire change.
- Giving presentations about the David Livingstone Birthplace Project using our pre-prepared presentation slides and answering questions, promoting other activities and how to get involved
- Contacting community groups to speak to them about the project and arrange presentation times/dates
- Assisting with monitoring and evaluation of the sessions
- Providing feedback to project staff
- An interest in the David Livingstone Birthplace Project or a willingness to learn about it
- The ability to confidently communicate with a wide range of people
- Reliable with good timekeeping
Time and Level of Commitment
This opportunity is flexible and volunteers will be able to schedule presentations around their diary but we are ideally looking for at least two presentations a month plus feedback to members of the project team.
Access to a laptop and phone for scheduling appointments. Access to a laptop for presentations .
Who would this role appeal to
Key Team Members Support
Elena Trimarchi, Learning Manager
Full training and support will be provided. You will be trained in;
- The David Livingstone Birthplace Project and the content of the presentation
- Presentation skills
- Working with communities
- How to use a spreadsheet to log dates of presentations
- You will be briefed/debriefed for each presentation
To apply and for further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also see Volunteer section.